05 February 2012

Great Gatsby Glamour


So recently I moved into my new place. And as you can imagine getting settled into our new home has taken some time. I am also prepping for a major blog update, and my time for blogging seemed to disappear! But no excuses... I do apologize for being so scarce! 

In the last few weeks after unpacking my cupboard I made a box filled with clothing that was pretty new but hardly worn and this Saturday I took it to the second hand shop on Long Street 'Second Time Around'. 

My first thought when I entered was how musty and old the clothes were. The lady told me I was late and that she only purchased clothes before 10AM. She however looked through my box while I wandered the store, it was then that I started to look at all the clothing and began to feel a kind of magic in the air thinking about how old the clothes were and how long they date back to. What caught my attention the most were the 20's dresses hanging around the top of the room, real 20's Glamour!

This Spring/Summer the catwalks have been graced with the 20's; Gatsby Glamour. Think beading and evening dresses...


Osman


Gucci


Marchesa


Ralph Lauren



Philosophy by Alberta Ferretti



Well out of a huge box of clothing I managed to get R200.00. But after seeing the items the store had managed to collect I felt quite bad for what I had brought in. Nice to know there is still somewhere to get your hands on real vintage! 

x



No comments:

Post a Comment